Looking to start the New Year off on the right foot? So many are! Remember to set realistic goals and get rid of the quick fix and all or nothing mindset! This is about more than just losing weight! It is about improving your health and creating sustainable change! Remember what you do to lose the weight is the same thing you will have to do to keep it off! So find something that works for YOU in the long run!
Here are my top 5 SIMPLE steps for starting the New Year off right!
1. Focus on reducing processed foods in your diet.
- Eat more whole foods like proteins, veggies & fruits.
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery stores where all the whole foods are located and limiting shopping the isles!
- Eat out less because restaurant and fast food is far more processed!
- Read your food labels; find foods with the least amount of ingredients and ones with readable ingredients.
- Aim for carbohydrate control! Start with 100-150g of carbs a day.
2. Switch to healthier fats.
- Reduce use of seed oils such as canola, corn, vegetable etc.
- Reduce the use of all trans fats.
- Switch from margarine to organic or grass fed butter.
- Use of coconut or palm oil for in hot settings and olive oil in cold settings.
- Don’t fear healthy fats. Fats fill you up and keep you full therefore can help with weight loss.
3. DRINK MORE WATER!
- Hydration is SO important for weight loss, hunger management, energy levels and More! Be sure to get your water in DAILY!
4. Make time for some form of exercise.
- Any exercise is better than no exercise.
- Aim for once a week then slowly increase.
- Choose short intense exercise over long moderate exercise.
5. Make sleep and stress management a priority.
- Aim for 6-8 hours per night
- Consider daily meditation or yoga to reduce stress
Are you ready to get back on track in the New Year but just not sure what to do? Let me teach you the 16 years worth experience I have in the field of weight loss! let me teach you sound nutritional practices that are safe and effective! No shakes, pills or potions! Just whole food nutrition and advance nutritional stratetgies! My next session starts very soon! More info in the link below!